Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yummy Breakfast and Supreme Boredom

Hello again. I have nothing to do whatsoever right now. So I happen to be very bored, but I did make a good breakfast. I happen to be eating it for lunch though because I slept in this morning.

Nutty Fruit Oats (1 serving)

1 cup water
sprinkle of salt (optional)
3/4 cup rolled oats
apple, banana, grapes, or your favorite fruit
handful of your favorite nuts

Put water in a small pot with salt and bring to a boil. Start your coffee, if you drink it with breakfast. In the meantime, toss the nuts in the bowl you will eat from and cut your fruit into small pieces. With grapes, cut them in half so they don't roll around while you are trying to catch them with your spoon. Once the water is boiling, this will probably happen while you are cutting the fruit, add the oats. Stirring often, cook until the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Pour the oats over the fruit and nuts. Stir well and enjoy with coffee or your favorite breakfast beverage.

*Note* I like chewy oats, so I used 3/4 cup. If you like regular consistency oats, use 1/2 cup. The water amount stays the same.

I'm entering an essay contest for a small scholarship. I've decided to really get down to business on growing my hair. I've been doing so many things wrong for a long time. So now I need to throw out the hair brush and get a wide-tooth comb without seams. Use less shampoo and a TON more conditioner. Keep my hair pulled bad so it doesn't get ratty from the wind and tangled up in my coat and bag. Moisturize the dry ends with coconut or olive oil. The list goes on forever, but those are some of the more important things that I wasn't doing already.

No comments:

Post a Comment