Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday Time

So I met some really great friends the other day at a culture workshop. We all got together for my birthday and had a great time. I actually remember my 21st birthday! I'm excited about that. I had a great time with Xavier, Alberto, Katie Joy, and Hannah. I got to meet Sina, Katie Joy's roommate, too. I had a few drinks spread over about 8 hours. Xavier and a Brazilian guy were trying to teach me how to dance at the party we went to. It didn't work very well, but I still had a great time. We ended up having a sleepover in Hannah's room because it was 3am when we left the party. The night buses only run until 4 something, and I didn't like the idea of going home alone. We had egg toast with Sina for breakfast.

Today has been long day. I have been studying off and on for my final exam in my German course. It's not supposed to be that hard, but I'm still nervous about it.  I've been missing Jay all day, but the good news is that when I miss him now, I'm not useless. It hurts to be apart, but I know we will be together again, and now I have friends to help me deal with the loneliness of being here. I'm going to see Tron in 3D on Wednesday with Xavier. That will be super fun. I was trying to plan something for Thursday because that will be the last day we can all get together at once, but Katie Joy and Hannah have to get up super early on Friday and Xavier has a test on Friday. I miss Jay! I cannot wait for March 18th. I will get to see the US again, if only for 2 weeks. It will still be awesome sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment