Sunday, August 14, 2011

Not Forgotten, Merely Neglected

Hello again! Sorry for not writing for so long, but summer was so much fun that I was super busy and kept forgetting to write.

I go back to school on September 1, and I'm excited about it. I am taking Photography, Thermodynamics, Technical Communications, and Cell Structure and Function. Sounds pretty good to me. I will also be working at the Learning Center as a Tutor and in the Chemical Engineering Department as a homework grader.

I'm not living on campus this year and that is quite cool for me. I think I will really enjoy having a full kitchen all the time. I love to make food and don't want to eat overpriced school food.

I taught myself crochet and knitting this summer. I will be crocheting a hat and knitting a scarf once I get back to school as a way to relax and not look at screens. After that, I was thinking I would maybe make a blanket and then a sweater or vice versa.

I'm really excited about the chance to get back to all the wonderful exercise equipment available at the SRC. Since my normal venue still isn't repaired from flooding, I have been walking all over town, which isn't bad, but still not the same as having access to just about everything imaginable.

I won't be doing Rifle this year for a couple of reasons. Rifle made it difficult for me to work and keep good grades while visiting my dad and Jay. Rifle also is very costly in my time. Practice takes up at least ten hours a week, 9 of which are active practicing, plus entire weekends once the tournaments start. I have gotten a lot smaller than I used to be, and my gear doesn't fit AGAIN. I don't want the team to have to spend their limited, hard to come by budget (it all comes from fundraising as the school cut them out of the budget) on new equipment for me when I'm not even sure that I will be able to really devote myself to them.

The last two weeks before school starts are going to be spent getting all my stuff together and ironing out the last of the little kinks from going abroad.

On the food side of things, this week I made the most awesome banana bread ever! I used seven bananas instead of four. It turned out fabulous. Sticky and just sweet enough but not overly so. I also love the garlic fries from The Ram. They are the bomb.

Anyways, I've got things to do today so I will stop by hopefully in a few days to update this poor forgotten bit of cyber space.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment